ORIJEN | Fit & Trim
ORIJEN | Fit & Trim
BUY 12 bags, get the 13th FREE!
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that dogs are evolved to eat.
RICH IN MEAT (85%) AND PROTEIN (42%)
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% meat (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of meat ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
UNMATCHED FRESH MEAT INCLUSIONS (2/3)
Fresh meats and fish are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
AN ABUNDANT VARIETY OF MEATS (7)
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Fit & Trim features a rich diversity of fresh meats in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh free-run Cobb chicken from Prairie farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from Prairie farms
- Fresh and whole nest-laid eggs from Prairie farms
- Fresh, whole Pacific Herring, Mackerel, Flounder and Hake, wild-caught from North Vancouver Island
WHOLEPREY™ MEAT RATIOS
WholePrey™ represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meats, organ meats and cartilage in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your dog’s body can easily absorb.
While dogs have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, conventional dog foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Fit & Trim is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.