ORIJEN | Six Fish
ORIJEN | Six Fish
BUY 12 bags, get the 13th FREE!
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats and fish that dogs are evolved to eat.
RICH IN FISH (85%) AND PROTEIN (38%)
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat and fish. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% fish (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of fish ingredients from fish deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried fish is prepared at 90°C from fresh whole fish deemed fit for human consumption to create a concentrated source of protein (not the industry standard of bones and trimmings)
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
UNMATCHED FRESH FISH INCLUSIONS (2/3)
Fresh meats and fish are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the fish are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of fish are dried and prepared at low temperature from fresh fish to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
AN ABUNDANT VARIETY OF FISH (6)
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Six Fish features a rich diversity of fresh fish in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Whole, Wild Pacific Pilchard from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Mackerel from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Hake from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Flounder from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Rockfish from North Vancouver Island
- Whole, Wild Pacific Sole from North Vancouver Island
WHOLEPREY™ MEAT RATIOS
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals and fish to perfectly meet your dog’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey™ ratios of fish, organs, and cartilage mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc and copper are added.
The WholePrey™ diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Fish – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog’s needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your dog’s body can easily absorb.
While dogs have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, conventional dog foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Six Fish is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.