ORIJEN | Tundra
ORIJEN | Tundra
FREE Next Day Delivery
BUY 12 bags, get the 13th FREE!
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that dogs are evolved to eat.
RICH IN MEAT (85%) AND PROTEIN (40%)
All dogs have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% meat and fish ingredients (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 40% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of meat and fish ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried meats and fish are prepared from fresh meats and whole fish, deemed fit for human consumption, and dried at 90°C to create a concentrated source of protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
UNMATCHED FRESH MEAT INCLUSIONS (2/3)
Fresh meats and fish are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats and fish are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats and fish are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
AN ABUNDANT VARIETY OF MEATS (8)
In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Tundra features a rich diversity of fresh red meats and whole fish in Biologically Appropriate™WholePrey™ ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh Boer Goat from Alberta Ranches
- Wild Boar from Alberta Ranches
- Fresh Venison from Alberta Ranches
- Whole Arctic Char from cold Yukon waters
- Free-Run Duck from Ontario farms
- Ranch-Raised Mutton from Alberta Ranches
- Whole Steelhead Trout from Ontario Lakes
- Whole Pacific Pilchard from North Vancouver Island
WHOLEPREY™ MEAT RATIOS
ORIJEN’s WholePrey™ ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage mirror nature, and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc is added.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog’s needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your dog’s body can easily absorb.
Dogs have no biological requirement for carbohydrates, which is why ORIJEN Tundra limits carbohydrates to 20%, all of which are low-glycemic or slow-release.
The more protein in a food, the less room there is for carbohydrates. ORIJEN Tundra is a high-protein, low-carbohydrate food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which digest slowly and reduce the potential for fat storage.
Most conventional pet foods contain high-glycemic or fast carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are recognized as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.