ORIJEN Cat | Tundra
ORIJEN | Tundra
FREE Next Day Delivery
BUY 12 bags, get the 13th FREE!
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ PHILOSOPHY
The Near Eastern wild cat is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic cats. While years of breeding have produced different kinds of cats, the internal workings of wild and domestic cats remain unchanged so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our 5 Biologically Appropriate™ principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meats that cats are evolved to eat.
RICH IN FISH (85%) AND PROTEIN (40%)
All cats are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics is designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your cat or kitten according to her biological needs.
- 85% red meats and fish (2/3 FRESH or RAW and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 15% low-glycemic vegetables and fruits
- 40% richly nourishing meat protein
- 100% of red meat and fish ingredients from animals deemed fit for human consumption, prior to inclusion in our foods
- Our dried meats are prepared from fresh meats deemed fit for human consumption, and dried at 90°C to create a concentrated source of nourishing meat protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- NO plant proteins extracts or concentrates (potato or pea protein)
- NO high-glycemic carbohydrates (tapioca, potato, rice)
- NO glutens or grains
UNMATCHED FRESH MEAT INCLUSIONS (2/3)
Fresh meats are the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the meats are FRESH or RAW, supplying your cat with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 of meats are dehydrated at low temperature for a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
AN ABUNDANT VARIETY OF MEATS (8)
In nature, cats benefit from an assortment of meats. This variety is often lost in conventional cat foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient such as chicken or lamb that is highly processed and seldom fresh.
That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Tundra features a rich diversity of fresh red meats and fish in Biologically Appropriate™ WholePrey™ ratios to nourish your cat’s peak health:
- Fresh Boer Goat from Alberta Ranches
- Wild Boar from Alberta Ranches
- Fresh Venison from Alberta Ranches
- Whole Arctic Char from cold Yukon waters
- Free-Run Duck from Ontario farms
- Ranch-Raised Mutton from Alberta Ranches
- Whole Steelhead Trout from Ontario Lakes
- Whole Pacific Pilchard from North Vancouver Island
WHOLEPREY™ MEAT RATIOS
WholePrey™ represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh meats, organ meats and cartilage in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements.
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive including vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium in natural form your cat’s body can easily absorb.
Cats are obligate carnivores and have no biological requirement for carbohydrates yet conventional cat foods still contain large amounts of high-glycemic carbohydrates such as potato and tapioca, which are often cited as a leading cause of obesity and diabetes.
Biologically Appropriate™ ORIJEN Tundra is a protein-rich and carbohydrate-limited food featuring lentils, chickpeas, squash, greens and fruits which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.